Hello Guest

Author Topic: FALLOUT 3 - ARGGGHHHHHHHH  (Read 1679 times)

The Jester

• Slasher
  • RSG Leader
  • You're such a noob
FALLOUT 3 - ARGGGHHHHHHHH
« on: June 11, 2015, 11:26:18 pm »
So, I decide to scratch that itch I've been having. Been wanting to play through Fallout 3 again, and so I went out and got it. Forgot just how awesome it is. I just wanna explore and interact and explore and interact. I wanna do that for hours, days, weeks......and that's the problem. It COULD be so good. It SHOULD be gaming paradise. I WOULD play it 12 hours a day if it let me. Enter the bugs (and we are not talking about radroaches).

Follow me on my Journey:

I get through the opening sequences ok, but it all goes wrong when I turn 16. I sit for the GOAT. Nothing happens. He just sits and I don't get a test and the teacher doesn't read it. I reload to save point. Same thing. I reload again and take a difference seat. Same thing. I try interacting in different ways, no change. I go back to when I just turned 10. Play it through again. GOAT test final works.  [excited]. Play out the rest of Vault 101. I make it out without another issue.

Get into Megaton, play through that without an issue. I go to leave..... Xbox freezes. Reset. Reload. Try to exit. xbox freezes. Go back to my save when I'm about to leave Vault 101. Play it through again. Try to leave Megaton.....xbox freezes.  (whip) Reset, reload, fast travel out of Megaton, and that went well. Clear out the school. Head back in the direction of megaton to sell loot to merchants outside, it freezes while I walk. reset,reload,repeat, refreeze. again and again. Decide to go somewhere else. It freezes.  >:(

At this point, most games would be tossed out. No patience for this nonsense. Except,this isnt like most games. It's Fallout 3. So, i do some online research. I cleared out the game cache by holding RB, LB and x while it loads. No change, still freezes. I clear out my xbox machine cache. And now I get a message at random points in the game that says "error, disk cannot be read. Clean with soft cloth and reset xbox."

ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

I took it back to the store, but they didn't have any more copies. Heading out tonight to another store. Stupid Fallout 3. This would be so much easier if the game sucked. Damn, I really wanna play it.

:'(

"The blood stays on the blade"

The Jester

• Slasher
  • RSG Leader
  • You're such a noob
Re: FALLOUT 3 - ARGGGHHHHHHHH
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 08:05:15 am »
Ohhhh yeaaaah. Picked up another copy, and it's working great.

[vg]

5 straight hours of fallout  [jesternoob] no issues.

justwarmingup

• Overlord
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 11:47:07 am »
Quote from: The Jester
Ohhhh yeaaaah. Picked up another copy, and it's working great.
8)

The perils of dodgy disks!

Kazzy

• RSG Leader
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 10:48:14 am »
Ahhhhhhhhh! Fallout can be frustrating at times!!!

I've been playing it too, trying the get the achievements I'm missing. These are mostly neutral and evil karma achievements so I'm finding that challenging as I always tend to go the good karma route.

Glad to hear it's working for you now though!!  [jesternoob]

The Jester

• Slasher
  • RSG Leader
  • You're such a noob
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 01:31:27 pm »
I just can't be bad. Already have the Talon company Mercs on my tail. Can't wait to get back to it. 

Kazzy

• RSG Leader
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 03:18:59 pm »
Quote from: The Jester
I just can't be bad. Already have the Talon company Mercs on my tail. Can't wait to get back to it.

I accidentally slipped into good from neutral and the talon company were immediately after me  >:(