Hello Guest

Author Topic: Fallout 4 Settlements  (Read 1970 times)

Omegapug

• RSG Member
  • Silent but violent
Fallout 4 Settlements
« on: January 09, 2016, 02:54:18 pm »
I'm addicted to the settlement building part of the game. I just can't get enough of it. I've been on Reddit and YouTube getting ideas and I can't wait to use them on my towns. One was in hangman's alley. Like a big 1920's nightclub. Women in sequin dresses, men in tuxes with tommy guns. It's amazing what people have done, even on consoles.
This guy is great. I learned a lot from him.

Kazzy

• RSG Leader
Re: Fallout 4 Settlements
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 09:23:21 am »
I'm definitely going to check out that guys videos, I spent hours last night working on my settlements, but I'm still not happy with them!  ::)

Kazzy

• RSG Leader
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 06:31:50 am »
Quote from: Omegapug
I'm addicted to the settlement building part of the game. I just can't get enough of it. I've been on Reddit and YouTube getting ideas and I can't wait to use them on my towns. One was in hangman's alley. Like a big 1920's nightclub. Women in sequin dresses, men in tuxes with tommy guns. It's amazing what people have done, even on consoles.
This guy is great. I learned a lot from him.

You've got me obsessed Pug, this guy is brilliant!! I love the way he explains things and his settlements are amazing  :D

Omegapug

• RSG Member
  • Silent but violent
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 03:58:29 pm »
What I really like is that he does it on console. A lot of the cool builders are on PC with everything heavily modded. I especially like trying to make use of existing structures. I will of course make new buildings, but it satisfies me more to patch up a damaged structure since that's what I would do if it were me. My favorites for that are Taffington Boathouse, Croup Manor and Jamaica Plain. Challenging, but rewarding. I'm only missing a few now, like Warwick, Kingsport Lighthouse, and a couple others. What's funny is that I got Somerville Place before Abernathy Farm and it's a short walk from Red Rocket! Now that I'm a better builder, I'm going back and improving earlier builds. Fun, but it takes time and resources. Do you have sunshine tidings? Dead ghouls always respawn in the cottages, so I made one of the large buildings into a nice bunkhouse, since I don't think my peeps would want to wake up to dead ghouls on the floor! Although, I think they've seen so much they don't really care about shit anymore.  (fingerwag)

Kazzy

• RSG Leader
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 11:31:41 pm »
I don't have too many settlements, probably haven't done enough quests yet! Have been trying to build a little the go off and do some quests and gather resources, it's so time consuming. It really is like Sims in the wasteland!!

Omegapug

• RSG Member
  • Silent but violent
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 02:55:38 pm »
Yeah, I really have too many to really upgrade properly. If my settlers in Somerville place could see how my Sanctuary and Starlight Drive In folks live there would be an uprising! They live in a patched up house with no electricity with super mutants nearby, while sanctuary has power everywhere, pure water, too much food, pool tables, etc...  (megawhip)

Kazzy

• RSG Leader
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 06:10:20 am »
Yeah, I really have too many to really upgrade properly. If my settlers in Somerville place could see how my Sanctuary and Starlight Drive In folks live there would be an uprising! They live in a patched up house with no electricity with super mutants nearby, while sanctuary has power everywhere, pure water, too much food, pool tables, etc... 

This whole settlement thing is driving me insane! I keep having to visit the settlements and make changes to keep them happy. I didn't realise that there are 30 possible settlements....kill me now!!

I also only just figured out how to send settlers to a different settlement, problem is they seem to take forever to get there!! 

Edit- Just saw this Pug, had to share ;D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 07:34:14 am by Kazzy »

Omegapug

• RSG Member
  • Silent but violent
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 11:34:28 pm »
Good old Preston! I have him at the Castle now, so I don't get quests all the time. Also, if you get a settlement quest from him you can save the settler or whatever and then just don't talk to Preston. It will finally complete itself a long time later, but it keeps him from giving you another immediately.

Kazzy

• RSG Leader
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 12:19:49 pm »
Good old Preston! I have him at the Castle now, so I don't get quests all the time. Also, if you get a settlement quest from him you can save the settler or whatever and then just don't talk to Preston. It will finally complete itself a long time later, but it keeps him from giving you another immediately.
Awesome tip, I sent him to the Castle pronto!! ;D