Hello Guest

Author Topic: Pi - A Minecraft Minecart Rollercoaster  (Read 832 times)

The Jester

• Slasher
  • RSG Leader
  • You're such a noob
Pi - A Minecraft Minecart Rollercoaster
« on: September 16, 2016, 12:38:13 pm »
So as part of Pi Day this past school year (March 14  or 3 - 14)  I did what I could to "complete" the Pi coaster we were working on and presented it to my school. I basically made a lesson out of it. Pleased with most of it. I will likely adjust the commentary in places and actually properly complete the coaster for next year. But with what I was dealing with I did what I could. Note the total time of the video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B75pOdauJwooMzYyUW9NYVVPRzg/view?usp=sharing

I'd like to do a more thorough job on the coaster before uploading it to youtube. It was received well by the students at my school and I think it would be a big hit once it goes public since there is virtually nothing "teaching" about Pi in Minecraft.

Kazzy, this could be a great tool for the population of kids we teach. Such a great way to reach them.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:43:37 pm by The Jester »

"The blood stays on the blade"

justwarmingup

• Overlord
  • Administrator
Re: Pi - A Minecraft Minecart Rollercoaster
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 01:32:26 pm »
Quote from: The Jester
So as part of Pi Day this past school year (March 14  or 3 - 14)  I did what I could to "complete" the Pi coaster we were working on and presented it to my school. I basically made a lesson out of it. Pleased with most of it. I will likely adjust the commentary in places and actually properly complete the coaster for next year. But with what I was dealing with I did what I could. Note the total time of the video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B75pOdauJwooMzYyUW9NYVVPRzg/view?usp=sharing

I'd like to do a more thorough job on the coaster before uploading it to youtube. It was received well by the students at my school and I think it would be a big hit once it goes public since there is virtually nothing "teaching" about Pi in Minecraft.

Kazzy, this could be a great tool for the population of kids we teach. Such a great way to reach them.

Holy moly, that is brilliant Jester 8)

TheSwede

• RSG Member
  • They call me the swede...... I'm norwegian.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 02:27:17 pm »
Wow. Very impressive Jester  :D

Kazzy

• RSG Leader
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 04:06:28 am »
That is amazing Jester, your comentary sounds great. Definitely an exciting way to present the topic to our kids, all kids really! I can imagine it being very well received when you do upload it. Well done!!

The Jester

• Slasher
  • RSG Leader
  • You're such a noob
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 01:08:05 pm »
Thanks guys. 

I'd like to add more detail to some of the areas. The role roaster portion "feels" complete while the intro part that tells what pi is feels rushed. I wanna hammer all that out.

Any suggestions?

justwarmingup

• Overlord
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 02:16:25 pm »
When you come out of the 1st building, the "So what is Pi?" sign is partly visible and reads "So what", then you turn around, close the door and then you see the sign again but partly blocked by the fence. Maybe rework that section a little?
:)

The Jester

• Slasher
  • RSG Leader
  • You're such a noob
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 02:59:59 pm »
Yes. That opening section was not well thought out. I was down to an evening to get it done so I threw it together. I plan on redoing the whole start. Good suggestion

Kazzy

• RSG Leader
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 11:41:34 am »
Just a little jazzing up on the start is all it needs :)